On one of my long commutes home from work, I had an idea for a post related to driving, cars, etc. Why not discuss all of the annoying observations of our fellow motorists? So from my perspective, here are just a few of my observations:
- Hummers- Question for you, weren’t Hummers invented for the military? If the answer is yes, then why is a 120 lb soccer mom named Amy driving around in yellow one? I just don’t understand the allure of driving a vehicle better suited for a war torn country….not the Midwest.
- Vanity Plates- So let me get this straight, you have to pay to have a special word put on your license plate? But then you’ll realize someone already has that word so you completely jumble it, using numbers just to convey the word Mommy? What purpose does this serve other than me almost crashing into your car trying to figure out the ironic word you are making out of tr8ng.
- The “not really secured” load- Ever get behind a half-secured load of debris, logs, metal piping….whatever, and think to yourself ‘if that comes loose, I’m totally getting decapitated.”
- The Sonic Boom- Often times you hear the train wreck before the train wreck has come into view. How can someone find listening to multiple sonic booms enjoyable? I want to ask them, “can you hear anything other than BOOM, BOOM, BOOM? Do you have a hearing aid?” It’s really bad when you can hear their windows vibrate, or worse, your windows.
- Tinted windows- Tinted windows are fine within reason but when you roll your window down 7″ in the dead of Winter so everyone can see how bad ass you are, then you just made me throw up in my mouth.
- Stick figure family- I would say this is my #1 pet peeve. No offense but I don’t care about your family. If anything, the #1 thought that goes through my head when I see the family of stick figures is, ‘Jesus Christ, how many kids does this family have?’ Then they add the family pets and I want to scream. Additionally you have the moron parent that adds names to each figure which I’m sure every pedophile drools over now they know 1 more thing about your kid. I believe like the vanity plates, you should be required to pay a tax for every figure you put on your car. Maybe you’ll think twice about adding it to the back of your stupid yellow hummer.
So do you have driving pet peeves? What are they? What can I add to the list?
P.S. Looks like we have these ass holes to thank: